• 40,000 Customers Covered
  • Our Feefo Review Rating 4.8 / 5
  • Award Winning Customer Service

It is estimated that the number of contractors, freelancers, and self-employed workers in the UK is around 4.9m. Working for yourself comes with a great number of benefits – greater flexibility, the potential to earn more, and a chance to carve your own path. The contribution of contractors to the UK economic landscape over the last decade has been huge.

Equally, we understand that running your own company comes with risks and that it’s important that you protect yourself. Our contractor insurance policy includes professional indemnity, public liability, employers’ liability, occupational personal accident cover, and directors’ and officers’ liability.


Underwritten by Zurich Insurance PLC, the package has been specifically designed to suit your needs as a contractor. At Kingsbridge Contractor Insurance, we are experts in our field and our customer service team are here to help you get the cover you need. But don’t just take our word for it, why not take a look at our more than 10,000 customer testimonials, with an average score of 4.8/5.

Our cover is competitively priced and we’re so confident that you won’t find the same cover for a better price that we offer a price promise –  so if you can find the same offering elsewhere for less than you’d pay with us, we’ll match it.


You can get your quote online, or contact our friendly customer service team on 01242 808 740. If you have any questions or need to make any amendments to your policy, it’s just as easy to get in touch.

Read on below for a summary of what’s included in our contractor insurance package, or click the link for a detailed overview of the cover.



Professional indemnity insurance is designed to protect contractors against claims for negligence (for example making a mistake or giving bad advice). It also provides cover for loss of documents, loss of data, breach of intellectual property, and defamation and libel. Holding professional indemnity insurance serves as a key IR35 indicator – as it is seen by HMRC as being a key indicator of genuine self-employment.


Public liability insurance provides cover for damage to third party property, as well as injury to third party persons. It’ll also cover any legal fees that come about as a result of claims you have to defend. Public liability claims can therefore be very costly, so all contractors should consider this cover.


This is the part of the policy we receive the most claims against.

As a contractor, the main catalyst for any enforced time away from jobs is likely to be caused by injury. If you’re injured and unable to work, you’re likely to be looking at a significant financial loss. If that injury occurred in the course of your work, and if you have personal accident cover in place, you’ll be paid a weekly sum whilst you recuperate (up to £500 a week.) You’ll also receive a substantial pay-out if your injury leaves you permanently unable to work.


Even though you work as a contractor and don’t have any employees of your own, this cover is required by law in certain circumstances. If you’re employing a spouse or partner for clerical work, for example, then it is needed. Also, if you have a substitution clause in your contractor – a key IR35 indicator – then this cover would step in if you are required to send a substitute contractor.


As the Director of your limited company, this means that you could be held accountable if your business was accused of financial mismanagement, a health and safety failure, a legislative breach or a breach in company law. In the event of this happening, this cover would step in to provide cover for legal fees that may arise.


Our cover doesn’t stop there. We offer optional additional cover, so you can get everything that you might need in one place. Whether that’s Legal Expenses or IR35 ProtectCyber Liability insurance, or Health insurance.

We also have specific cover for you if you have a Trades role or work in the media industry. If you want to know any more about any of the above, or simply want to complete your purchase, give one of our friendly team a call on 01242 808740.