Kingsbridge Contractor Insurance

Media & Creative Contractor Insurance from Kingsbridge

Complete protection for you and your business. Our package policy includes:

  • Flexible term – cancel anytime
  • Business equipment cover
  • Covers your business not your contract
Rated 4.7/5
from over 11,000 reviews

Why do I need media and creative contractor insurance?

This ever-changing sector employs more than 2 million people and is always at the cutting edge of technology. As such, you’ll often advise clients to trust your skills and take a chance on doing things differently. That’s why your job demands a uniquely tailored approach to business insurance, that protects you from the real risk of legal action and compensation claims, as well as damage to expensive tools and equipment. Additionally, insurance is often necessary to comply with client demands, regulations, or professional bodies.

Everything you need in a single policy

We’ve tailored our policy package to provide the most comprehensive cover a self-employed contractor could ever need. And that’s not even the best bit. We’ve included everything listed below, and for an amazing price.

  • Professional Indemnity

    Professional Indemnity

    Protects you from the financial consequences of professional negligence. This includes giving bad advice to making a mistake during your work. This policy will cover your legal defence costs and any damages awarded to the claimant.

  • Public Liability

    Public Liability

    Provides cover when a third party is injured or their property is damaged due to the actions of a limited company contractor or business. It will cover the costs of any damages awarded, as well as any related legal fees, costs, or expenses.

  • Employers' Liability

    Employers' Liability

    Covering any injury to an employee. £10,000,000 any one claim limit with no facility to alter/remove.

  • Personal Accident Cover

    Personal Accident Cover

    Occupational personal accident provides cover if you are injured at work or whilst commuting to work. This could either be a weekly amount of £500 a week or a lump sum, depending on the circumstances.

  • Directors’ & Officers’ Liability

    Directors’ & Officers’ Liability

    Providing cover for legal fees that you could be held accountable if your business was accused of financial mismanagement, a health and safety failure, a legislative breach or a breach in company law.

Get in touch for expert support

Get a quote
or call us on 01242 350 084

Frequently asked questions

So, you have some questions. We might have already answered them below.
  • How do I make a claim?

    If you ever need to make a claim on your policy, don’t hesitate to contact our expert team on 01242 808740 who will be able to assist.

  • What is IR35?

    The off-payroll legislation, often referred to as IR35, is a UK tax legislation that aims to detect ‘disguised employees’ who are for all intents and purposes employees, however rather than being on payroll they are registered as limited companies, to avoid higher tax rates

  • What documents will I receive?

    You will be emailed a policy schedule, policy wording and employers’ liability certificate immediately after you purchase. The schedule confirms the levels of cover and can be used by you to confirm your cover arrangements to agencies, recruiters and clients.

  • Why do I need Employers' Liability if I do not employ anyone?

    In addition to the fact that Employers’ Liability may be a legal requirement for you to hold, most clients will include this insurance as a standard contractual obligation so cover has been included to help comply with these requirements. The Kingsbridge package of insurance will also cover you if you employ a spouse or close family member in an administrative or clerical role.

  • Can I still have cover if I work abroad?

    As long as you maintain your UK residency and your company is UK registered then the policy covers you worldwide, with the exception of the USA or Canada. This can be added as an additional bolt-on.