Funny Insurance Claims You Couldn`t Make Up
1. A jeweller sent in an insurance claim after repairing a customer’s £200 watch he then accidently returned a £10,000 Rolex – only noticing as he left the shop that he had forgotten to note down the customers contact details. We don’t know what the result was, perhaps the customer was kind enough to return it?
2. A holidaymaker in Sri Lanka suffered an accident as a result of a coconut falling on her head whilst she read in the shade below. She claimed for her hospital expenses.
3. A driver rang up with this claim ? ?I was driving along a road and saw there was a farming fete in fields ahead, all of a sudden I saw a man dressed as a potato, this quite surprised me and I lost control of my vehicle and landed in a ditch? (The man dressed as a potato was at fault of course!)
4. One burglar in the US robbed a house, accidentally locking himself in the garage. He was stuck there for more than a week as the homeowners were away on holiday. He survived by eating dog food stored there. When the man finally got away he made an insurance claim for ‘undue mental anguish’. He was compensated almost half a million dollars!
5. A Devon farmer claimed that his iPhone had been lost in the back end of one of his cows – he had been using it as a torch whilst calving in the middle of the night. Unsurprisingly, the mobile appeared a while later but wasn’t working.
Do have any insurance stories to share? Why not post them in the comments box?